All authors of an accepted abstract will have a place reserved in the ITS9 program for their presentation. These will be either in oral sessions or poster sessions. A paper is not required to present at ITS9.
All Authors with Oral presentations, both plenary and parallel, should upload the file of their presentation to EDAS prior to 7 AM on morning of their scheduled presentation.
Instructions: Log onto EDAS, go to the summary page for the paper being presented, and click on the upload icon under the change/add column just to the right of the word ‘presentation’. Upload your .ppt or .pptx file to EDAS.
Authors giving oral presentations must attend the Speaker’s Breakfast on the day of their presentation. At the Speaker’s Breakfast, the presenters will be introduced to their session chair and to the other presenters of their session. They will be reminded of the presentation guidelines by their respective session chair. Four members (‘shepherds’) of the organizing committee will be at the breakfast with four laptop computers, one for each track of oral sessions (rooms). The laptops will have Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 with Windows XP or Windows 7 operating system. Please make sure that your presentations are compatible with that software. Presenters should check in with the shepherd for their session during the breakfast. The shepherd will open your presentation file and verify that it works. Just in case of a problem with the uploading/downloading from EDAS, presenters should bring their presentations on USB drives or a CD as a backup copy. The ITS9 presentation laptops are the only computers to be used for the sessions’ presentations.
Attendees giving oral presentations are asked to abide by the following time limits.
Regular Oral talks are allotted 20 min. (18 min presentation, 2 min Q&A)
- Invited talks are allotted 40 min. (35 min presentation, 5 min Q&A)
There are two poster sessions at ITS9. Session K is held on Thursday afternoon, and session N is held on Friday morning. Both Poster sessions will be held in the Exhibition Hall and posters can be placed in the indicated positions (marked with session and poster number) on Wednesday Evening, starting at 1730 h when the Exhibitors Reception begins, or on Thursday morning after 1000 h. There is sufficient space so that the posters for both sessions can be left in place during the two days. Presenters are asked to remove the posters by Friday, March 23rd at 1400 h. Posters left past this time will be considered discarded and will be handled appropriately.
Attendees giving poster presentations will find the following information useful.
- The area for your posters is 110 cm by 110 cm.
- Title should be 96 pt (21 mm high), all caps, centered across the top
- Author, affiliation, City State Country, and e-mail contact information should be 72 point (11 mm high), centered below the title (up to four lines)
- Font should be Calibri (or equivalent)
- Poster Template in Powerpoint download
Session Chair Instructions (pdf)
- The poster mounting surface is gray colored, braelock (loop) material.
- Your posters can be attached via push pins or by using velcro (hook side).
- Some attachment accessories will be provided but you should bring your own accessories if possible.